FULL HOUSE: RM SOTHEBY’S BRINGS COMPLETE FERRARI SUPERCAR LINEUP TO MARANELLO SALE
· RM Sotheby’s adds LaFerrari Prototype to its Ferrari – Leggenda e Passione sale, completing full supercar lineage on offer
· Ferrari also announces details of unique livery for LaFerrari Aperta set to close the sale on the Fiorano Test Track
· New owner of only road-going Alloy Daytona in existence will be free of costs associated with Ferrari Classiche Certification
· Set for 9 September in partnership with Ferrari, auction features 42 of the legendary marque’s most significant cars
www.rmsothebys.comComplete event information and digital catalogue available at
LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM (6 September 2017) - Just days away from its historic single-marque sale held in partnership with Ferrari, RM Sotheby’s is thrilled to announce the addition of a 2013 LaFerrari Prototype to the Ferrari – Leggenda e Passione catalogue.
Produced in late 2012 as a pre-production model, this LaFerrari prototype holds a special place in the hierarchy of the revered model and is likely memorable to any enthusiast lucky enough to purchase a LaFerrari new. This was the very first LaFerrari that most laid eyes on, used by Ferrari during the private preview for the model in 2013. Kept in the factory Atelier throughout 2013, it was made available to every client who travelled to Maranello to configure their new LaFerrari. Offered for sale for the very first time, this is a remarkable opportunity to purchase an exceptionally interesting and significant LaFerrari directly from the factory (Est. €1.100.000 - €1.300.000). With the addition of the LaFerrari Prototype, RM Sotheby’s has assembled every Ferrari supercar for the Maranello sale; 288 GTO, F40, F50, Enzo, and LaFerrari.
Furthering the supercar lineup, Ferrari has also unveiled details of the unique livery set for the 2017 LaFerrari Aperta that will close the 9 September sale. The Aperta will be finished in a one-of-a-kind stunning metallic Rosso Fuoco with a metallic Bianco Italia double racing stripe on the bonnet and rear deck. The interior will be trimmed in black Alcantara with red leather inserts on the seats, red stitching, and glossy black carbon fibre trim. RM Sotheby’s and Ferrari are also pleased to announce that all proceeds from the sale of the car will be donated to Save the Children for an international program focusing on education.
The only road-going Alloy 365 GTB/4 Daytona in existence has been garnering significant attention ahead of the Ferrari – Leggenda e Passione sale, and RM Sotheby’s is pleased to announce that its new owner will not be responsible for any costs associated with obtaining Certification from Ferrari Classiche. All costs will be taken care of by the seller. What’s more, a full restoration is not necessary nor required for Certification, making this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity all the more special.
For further information on the Ferrari sale and to view all entries in the complete digital catalogue, please visit www.rmsothebys.com, or call +1 519 352 4575 (North America) or +44 (0) 7534 860 833(Europe) to speak with an RM Sotheby’s car specialist. The sale will also stream live online on the RM Sotheby’s website, providing real-time coverage of the event.
1. 2013 Ferrari LaFerrari Prototype originally used for private client review (credit -Ferrari S.p.A. - Andrea Giovanelli/LaPresse)
2. A look at the interior of the 2013 Ferrari LaFerrari Prototype (credit -Ferrari S.p.A. - Andrea Giovanelli/LaPresse)
3. A rendering of the 2017 LaFerrari Aperta to be offered at RM Sotheby’s Maranello sale (credit – courtesy RM Sotheby’s/Ferrari)
4. The only road-going ‘Alloy’ 365 GTB/4 Daytona in existence (credit – courtesy RM Sotheby’s)