ANTICIPATION BUILDING FOR AUCTIONS AMERICA’S DEBUT SALE
DURING THE HILTON HEAD ISLAND MOTORING FESTIVAL
· Auctions America announces additional highlights for its new Hilton Head Island sale, October 31 in South Carolina
· The official auction of the Hilton Head Island Motoring Festival and Concours d’Elegance, boutique afternoon sale lifts gavel on some 100 blue-chip collector cars and select automobilia
· Exciting new highlights spearheaded by a superb group of domestic and foreign sports cars, including a 1967 Ferrari 330 GTC and a Ford GT 40 Mk V
· Further information and a frequently updated list of entries available at www.auctionsamerica.com
AUBURN, Indiana (September 16, 2015) – Following a busy summer of sales, including strong results in both California and Indiana, Auctions America is gearing up for its debut Hilton Head Island Auction, October 31 in South Carolina. The official auction of the Hilton Head Motoring Festival and Concours d’Elegance, the boutique afternoon sale is set to round out the 2015 Auctions America calendar in style, lifting the gavel on a limited roster of some 100 blue-chip collector cars and select automobilia.
“We’ve received tremendously positive feedback since announcing our debut Hilton Head Island sale and look forward to welcoming the collector community to South Carolina for what promises to be a terrific hobby weekend. The caliber and quality of entries secured for the sale have set the stage for a very exciting close to our 2015 season,” says Megan Boyd, Car Specialist, Auctions America. Boyd adds, “In addition to our sale, we’re proud to sponsor the ‘Salute to Centennial Driving’ tour – another exciting fixture of this year’s Motoring Festival, scheduled for October 30 and followed by an afternoon auction preview.”
Recent highlights for the Halloween sale include a fantastic roster of quality domestic and foreign sports cars, led by a 1967 Ferrari 330 GTC. A well-sorted example of one of the marque’s classic 12-cylinder touring cars, this stunning Ferrari is offered from four decades of careful and well-documented California ownership. Beautifully presented in classic Rosso over a black leather interior, it is accompanied by its tool roll, spare, jack and original operating handbook, as well as a comprehensive history file showing invoices and receipts dating back to 1976 (Est. $650,000 - $725,000).
The 330 GTC will be joined center stage at the Hilton Head Island auction by a spectacular Ford GT 40 Mk V, combining menacing design with incredible power. Developed to continue the production of the Le Mans winning GT 40, the Mk V Ford GT 40 cars are recognized and registered as authentic GT 40’s. One of just two aluminum monocoque chassis built, the example on offer is equipped with a 5.3-liter V-8 with Dart alloy heads connected to a ZF five-speed gearbox. Presented in rich blue with Le Mans stripes and a black interior, it carries Mk II rear bodywork with rear deck inlet ducts and a fully-vented spare tire cover, and is one of very few examples built to roadster configuration. Considered one of the lightest GT 40’s ever constructed – thanks to the use of carbon fiber panels - it weighs a mere 857 kilograms (Est $300,000 - $350,000).
Additional notable entries include:
· an elegant, highly original 1965 Maserati Sebring Series II Coupe by Vignale; offered from long-term ownership, this Sebring is one of the ultimate Maserati touring cars, equipped with five-speed ZF Transmission, Lucas MFI, and Maserati’s famed twin-plug cylinder head. One of only 98 Series II Sebring coupes produced between 1965-1966, it features a wonderfully preserved original interior and a reported 70,000 kilometers from new ($200,000 - $240,000);
· a two-owner 1976 Porsche 930 Turbo Carrera; stunning in Platinum Metallic with a Cinnamon leather interior, this highly optioned Turbo Carrera shows just over 35,000 original miles and is presented in spectacular condition throughout (Est. $225,000 - $275,000); and
· a multi-award winning 1953 Chevrolet Corvette Roadster, one of the finest examples of its kind. Offered from a prominent Montana Collection, this iconic Corvette returns to Hilton Head Island after winning Best in Class at the 2009 Concours d’Elegance ($225,000 - $275,000).
The wide array of sports cars slated for Auctions America’s Hilton Head Island sale will be complemented by a superb selection of American Classics. Standout lots include an award winning 1958 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham, boasting just four owners from new and equipped with many of the rare “vanity accessories” with which these cars were delivered, including stainless steel drink tumblers, a cigarette case, lady’s compact and leather-backed mirror (Est. $175,000 - $200,000); and a top-of-the-line, showroom quality 1957 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz, resplendent in white with a red and white interior and fitted with all the desirable options, including air-conditioning, power steering, brakes, windows and top (Est. $120,000 - $140,000).
In addition to the motor cars, the Auctions America sale features a handpicked selection of automobilia, including a fully-detailed, one-of-a-kind Michele Conti Ferrari 330 GTC model, built to 1:10 scale and complete with custom metal carry case (Est. $10,000 - $15,000); and an original Alfredo de la Maria Bugatti Type 37 oil painting (Est. $18,000 - $22,000).
Auctions America’s Hilton Head Island sale will be held at The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spapreview on Friday, October 30. For further information or to view a frequently updated list of entries, please visit www.auctionsamerica.com. For limited consignment opportunities, please call an Auctions America Car Specialist toll free 877.906.2437 (+1 260.927.9797 outside North America).
For more information on the Hilton Head Island Motoring Festival & Concours d’Elegance, visit the official website at www.HHIMotoringFestival.com. All ticket options and packages for the 2015 Motoring Festival, including those for the Salute to Centennial Driving Tour, the Flights & Fancy Aeroport Gala and the Aero Expo, are available for purchase atwww.HHIMotoringFestival.com/tickets.